Great opportunity to work alongside Controller in a tech startup environment!
Tervela is growing fast and we need help running the back office operations. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills, someone curious, a team player. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your talents while learning all aspects of financial operations. Do you like being responsible for a varied workload? Are you flexible and have the ability to get tasks completed within a reasonable timeframe while juggling varying projects? This is a great learning opportunity for the right person to get in on the ground level of an exciting start-up with unlimited potential.
Responsibilities to include:
- Accounts Payable: vouchering and payables processing
- Accounts Receivable: invoicing for several product lines
- Monitoring receivables and collection on outstanding amounts.
- Calculate and process monthly sales commission reports
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual G/L closings including preparation of journal entries
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts including all cash accounts and credit card accounts.
- Process employee reimbursements and help revise policies related to spending activity.
- Assist in preparation of annual tax returns
- Assist with varying projects related to inventory and fixed assets
- Bachelors degree, preferably in accounting
- 2+ years accounting experience preferable in a Saas based software company, revenue recognition experience a plus
- Great Excel skills, pivot tables a plus
- Experience with QuickBooks, Great Plains an additional plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Desire to work in small, startup environment
- Ok with some administrative duties from time to time, as needed by Controller
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.